Have you ever wondered how to start a WordPress Blog?
Do you know enough about the benefits of blogging?
Whatever your passion is, blogging can be the fuel that accelerates your success in any walk of life.
Not just that starting a WordPress blog can be the right solution to connect and network with like-minded people who are interested in what you say.
Therefore, those people will want to read your words and follow your thoughts; hence, you can qualify them to be your target audience and potential customers.
Starting your blog provides a great opportunity to shed light on your field of expertise. Consequently, you can monetize your blog to start generating a source of income.
If you feel like that you’re not a good writer; don’t worry!
You don’t have to be a great writer to be a successful blogger. Writing will get easier and easier as you go.
Also, you don’t need to be an expert on what you write about.
Being passionate about your topic that reflects your successful experience, is considered one of the first and most important aspects that grab people’s attention.
Once you start blogging you’ll develop your experience that generates ideas on how to make money online.
Now, what does hold you back from starting your own blog?
Table of Contents
Here’s How to Start a WordPress Blog
Our step-by-step tutorial will help you to know how to start a WordPress blog and put you on the right track to start blogging as soon as possible.
Creating your blog should come with some decisions to make.
- What is your passion that you want to follow?
- Does the name of your blog matter?
- What is the blogging platform that you’ll start using and why?
- Is there a web hosting company that is affordable, reliable, and recommended?
Now let’s cover the above questions, to make them crystal clear for you.
What’s your passion?
When you think about what you’ll do to make your living it’s so vital to figure out what you’re passionate about. When you follow your passion you’ll love what you do.
Also, you’ll spend a lot of hours doing it without feeling bored. Doing what you love gives you the opportunity to be creative and your work will look unique enough to stand out.
And that is the hidden secret of success in a stiflingly competitive market.
What is the name of your blog?
A descriptive name will give your potential readers an idea about what experience they will go through.
What is the blogging platform that I’ll start using and why?
WordPress is the all-time most recommended blogging software by professional bloggers, writers, and most popular websites on the internet. Why?
- According to W3Techs WordPress is now powering 40.3% of all websites in 2021.
- WordPress is free, and by using a very inexpensive hosting provider you can install and do most of the work. If you still have a very humble experience or even a beginner it’s easy to start and so easy to grow your learning curve down the road.
- WordPress allows you to customize the look and feel of your website to your liking with the availability of thousands of themes to choose from.
- There is an army of designers, developers, and even enthusiasts that provide compatible plugins. What makes WordPress functionality seems as if unlimited, and updated every day.
- WordPress is flexible, easy to use, and SEO – and user-friendly.
Is there a hosting company that is affordable, reliable, and recommended?
Bluehost started in 1996, meaning they have stood the test of time and they are now one of the industry leaders. With the help of their highly qualified supporting team, you’ll never feel that you’re alone at all.
On top of that, it’s affordable and super easy to use.
So I highly recommend Bluehost as one of the best hosting providers.
Disclosure: by recommending any web hosting company we get a small commission at no extra cost to you. However, we recommend only what we use and believe will add value to you.
Let’s start creating your blog now; open up Bluehost in a new window and follow along.
1. To get started click on the green “get started now button”.
2. The next step you’ll be asked to select your plan. As a beginner usually a basic plan will cover all your needs.
3. Then you need to enter your domain ( the name of your blog).
4. Enter your account information.
5. Then the package information. To get the lowest monthly rate you need to select the 36 monthly plan, it’s extremely affordable. You’ll forget about the hosting cost for three years to come.
On this screen, you’ll see other extras which we recommend to look at them later on.
6. Enter your billing information and agree to the terms of service, and then click submit.
7. Now you need to create your password. Make sure that your password is so strong that no one can hack your website.
8. Now you can log in to your blog using the newly created password.
9. It’s time to choose a basic design for your blog ( you may change it easily later).
10. WordPress will be installed, and once it is completed, start building your blog.
Click “start building” to log-in to your blog. You should receive an email with your login details. Note your login details for your blog will be different than those for your hosting account (Bluehost account).
11. Once you logged in to your WordPress account you’ll see a helpful welcome message followed by this question, What kind of site can we help you set up? Then you’ll choose either a business or personal site and keep following the process. really, in this case, you’ll receive help however you’ll be charged an amount of money for that help. So I’d suggest clicking, I don’t need help!
And go through the process yourself to build your own experience. Yes, there is a learning curve! However don’t worry at all as you can contact the Bluehost support team, or ask our help at any time if you feel stuck.
12. Now You’ll start realizing your dream by creating your first blog post.
Congratulations! After publishing your first piece of content on your blog. Click launch for your blog to be live on the web.